At Exmel Training Solutions our hand soldering plated through hole components course demonstrates to the student how to solder to IPC J-STD-001 competancy. This course is 95% practical and 5% theoretical.
The course outline includes:-
- Health and Safety Presentation
- Fume extraction requirements
- ESD precautions
- Equipment preparation
- Solder wire (leaded – lead-free) Flux – Cleaning preparation
- Equipment / Inspection Set-up
- Tip and Temperature selection (discuss thermal load)
- Inspection criteria
- Workpiece Indicators
- Discuss heat sinks – Ground planes – Back panels
- Use of auxiliary heat
- Practical Soldering on various PCB’s
- Practical soldering using various component package types such as Axial & Radial capacitors/resistors/diodes, 14 pin DIL IC’s.
- Clean and inspect completed work
Course Duration: 1 Day
Call for quotation.